Calling all readers—big and small; short and tall—to join our Read-A-Thon Challenge!
Starting on Friday, October 16, we want you to read, read, and read some more, logging all the minutes you read between October 16 and October 30. Everyone who reads will have a chance to earn our amazing sponsored prizes!
We also want you to pledge, pledge, and pledge some more! Ask your friends, your family, your dog or cat’s friends, and family to pledge to our amazing library! As you know, our library is magical. It allows you to time travel and sight-see and interact with all types of people, so let’s meet our fundraising goal, so our library can continue to send us around the world and beyond! The more money you collect for our library, the more opportunity you have to earn our amazing sponsored prizes.
What do we mean when we say read? We mean reading a book, listening to an audiobook, reading a poem, reading a magazine, or listening to someone read to you. We mean fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels, comic books, and even cookbooks!
Read-a-Thon Kick-Off: Friday, October 16
Free Books and Launch of Read-a-Thon Website
The Read-A-Thon website launches Friday, October 16! Make it your first stop to see all of the Read-A-Thon activities! We will also be giving away free books in front of our school from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm on October 16th and 19th. Check out all the cool activities and prizes on our website and pop over to grab a free book to kick-start your reading!
Read-a-Thon Spirit Day: Friday, October 23
Dress Up to Celebrate Your Favorite Literary Genre
Do you love fantasy or science fiction, mythology or tall tales, steampunk, or zombies? Dress up for spirit day in a costume from your favorite literary genre day! Show off your costume during Zoom!
Literary Character Day: Friday, October 30
Dress Up as Your Favorite Literary Character and the Attend Parade
Do you have a favorite book character? Dress up as them for our Literary Character Day! Start off the day in character for your morning zoom calls, then attend our school Literary Character Day Parade!
The parade starts at 2:30 for Kindergarten and 3:15 for all other grades!
Logging Minutes and Pledging Donations
You can log your minutes daily using the log sheet. Then you will need to add up the minutes you record and submit the total minutes at the end of each week using the Google Form on the read-a-thon website.
- Submit Google form for week 1 on Friday, October 23 and for week 2 on Friday, October 30
Your donors will also be able to pledge via our website.
Earn prizes for reading!
- Every student who enters the Read-A-Thon will receive a Papa Murphy's Gift Certificate and a 1/2 off ticket to Tree Top Sacramento Adventure Park!
- Students who read 150 minutes will receive an In-N-Out Gift Certificate!
- Students who read more than 360 minutes will win a day pass to Six Flags!
Earn prizes for fundraising!
- All students who fundraise for the Library will receive a kit from the Carmichael Home Depot!
- Students who fundraise $75 for the Library will receive an art package from Blick Art Supplies!
- Students who fundraise $150 for the Library will receive an AWESOME EXPERIENCE created by some of their CMP Carmichael teachers!!!!
- Our top fundraisers will receive a pass for their parents and themselves to Tree Top Sacramento or a pass to FUNDERLAND!
Visit the Read-A-Thon Website here: